This was an interesting endeavor. I bought pastry sheets about a month ago, in addition to spinach, with the intention of making sambousek. Days passed though and I craved Mexican food instead. Feeling hungry tonight for a medley of flavors, this was the end result.
- Pastry sheets
- One egg
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter
- Two cups of spinach
- One cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt, Pepper, curry powder, garlic powder onion powder, salt, pepper, basil, ginger powder
- Place butter, one egg, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a sauce pan; stir until all is melted together.
- Lay out four pastry sheets in a shallow pan and allow to reach room temperature
- In a bowl, combine spinach, cheese, a sprinkling of olive oil and all spices. Mix well.
- Lay one tablespoon full of mixture on top of each pastry sheet
- Lay one pastry sheet on top of mixture (which is laying on top of first pastry sheet.
- Roll up like a tortilla (so it looks like a triangle), place in pan
- Pour butter, egg, olive oil and spices mixture on top of filled pastries
- Bake in oven on high for about 30 minutes until pastry is golden brown and crispy.
- Eat and enjoy!