In an attempt to eat more healthy snacks and try and take advantage of all the fresh, readily available fruits and veggies, I present to you a delicious, easy salad.
I first created this with my mom while she visited in January and it took all of two minutes to make.
- Buy several tomatoes, cucumbers and red peppers from local veggie stand down the street
- Clean well!
- Cut all into small pieces (I usually use two cucumbers (which are smaller here in Egypt), two tomatoes and one red pepper)
- Put into bowl
- Add sprinkling of olive oil, apple cider vinegar
- Add dashes of cinnamon powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, curry and sugar.
- Add a sprinkling of feta cheese on top if you’re feeling feisty, or a cube of cheese on the side
- Eat with a fork and feel refreshed and delicious.